Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Highly caffeinated yet seeking clear direction

I have those brief and all too quickly fleeting moments of full brain engagement usually following a couple cups of coffee - at least in the dreamer portion of my head.  All sorts of fast hitting ideas whipping around.  Anything from "clean toilets today" to "paint the garage" and "plant a garden" (we're talking about every step from tilling to seeding, folks!) can land on my imaginary to-do list for the next 12hrs of daylight available!

I am LOADED with unrealistic expectation believe you me! I have this notion that I'm superwoman with an amazingly helpful and patient 2 1/2 year old sidekick at my side and in one day we theoretically should conquer the world.  Then my sidekick wakes up, asks for nutella toast (yet again! And, yes, I realize it is NOT the breakfast of champions.  Perhaps there is my first mistake of the day?), and the supernatural powers just never quite get off the ground.  By noon we have done well to be on a schedule typically! Usually though lunchtime seems to just sneak up on me and I am scratching my head as to what I could feed my trust sidekick today without repeating whatever he picked over the day before.

I admire women and moms especially that seem like they a) knew what today had in store and b) actually scripted it out!  Those that have any agenda and a learning play time actually on the ticket BEFORE it just sort of evolved into their laps AMAZE me.  And, I inevitably get a little discouraged by it since I never seem to be THAT mom.  I mean, seriously, some days I'm lucky to have the diaper bag on me with a snack available because we're stretching lunch to 1pm because we didn't get out the door until a full hour after I had thought we would, etc, etc, etc.  It's just tough and a learning curve I'm still trying to get a hang of.

No comments:

Post a Comment